The MSU E-Center empowers students to plan, launch and grow successful local and global companies based on new ideas or MSU invented technology. Our companies are graded in the real world – by success or failure with actual, paying customers.
We use applied learning to strengthen our pipeline of entrepreneurs from K-12 to college students to graduates, and encourage broad involvement of alumni and friends to help mentor, coach and invest in our startups. Our priority on generating a track record of exits and profitable local businesses makes us a national leader in this field and motivates ever increasing investor interest in these areas. These companies contribute to a thriving young professional community, cementing Starkville as the startup hub of the Southeast and propelling our expansion throughout Mississippi.
The MSU E-Center will be a nationally recognized leader in creating successful startups.
- We help entrepreneurs have a greater chance at sustainable success.
- We unwaveringly pursue an open, inviting, creative culture where anyone can change the world.
- We encourage BIG ideas and vision, but coach execution. Ideas are easy. Execution is not.
- We take tests in the real world. Our grade comes from success or failure with actual, paying customers.
- We move fast, aiming for great today rather than perfect next quarter.
- We embrace learning from failure, criticism, and no.
- We encourage and pick people up when they are down.
- We believe Mississippi is an advantage, not a limitation.
- We give our time to help grow the Mississippi State family and recognize everyone has a role helping to coach the next entrepreneurs.