This year for the first time Newsweek has teamed up with Make:, publisher of Make: magazine and books, to find The Best Maker Schools in Higher Education. Mississippi State University was listed as one of the Best Maker Schools 2021, among a prestigious list of international peers.
This non-ranked list was generated by recommendation through a survey tool in collaboration with an international community of educators, administrators, students and maker leaders. To be considered for the list, recommended schools had to demonstrate excellence or competency in the following areas:
- Integrated learning-through-doing orientation
- Mentoring / guidance / coaching for making
- Physical makerspaces / fablabs / workshops / studios
- Accessible spaces and tools that support independent, collaborative projects
- A diverse, active community of makers
Read more and see the full list at Newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/best-maker-school-list-2021